The Elizabeth Estates Library is one of three libraries built in 1999 when the Government decided to upgrade the library system. This edifice for life long learning has a contemporary design with a children’s section and facilities for the networking of computers and Internet access. It stands as a focal point for the local community within an area that houses the local police station, post office and clinic.
Since it opened its doors to the public in July 2003, this library has served as a popular source of information for young people and adults of the Elizabeth Estates and surrounding communities.
This library has become an intergenerational community center where families are flourishing though the utilization of books and services provided.
Location and Directions
- Elizabeth Estates.
- It is located in the same compound as the Police Station and the Post Office.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- A membership fee is paid yearly as follows:
- Adults – $5.00
- Grades one (1) to six (6) – $2.50
- Grades seven (7) to twelve (12) – $4.00
Users have access to the following:
- Quiet study
- Book loans
- Reference materials, including newspapers
- Research materials
- Internet services
- Use of computer
- Recreational reading
- Dr, Ivy Campbell-Library Supervisor
- Ms Rehesar Smith- Francis– Assistant Registry Supervisor
- Ms. Allison Hall – Library Assistant
- Ms.Patricia Burrows- Clerk
- Ms. Adalee Jones- General Service Worker
- Ms. Jennis Taylor- Teacher, Administratively posted
- Ms. Diana Sands- Library Assistant
- Ms. Lewis- Security Assistant
- Mr. Kevin Seymour- Custodian
Telephone number: (242) 364-0105/6
Fax number: (242) 364-0104
News and Events