- This event has passed.
National Library Month
March 1 - August 31
- Make a mobile – create your favorite scene
- Create a timeline – include the important topics
- Create a magazine ad for the book
- Make a board game
- Put together a Power Point Presentation about your favourite book or author
- Write a letter to a friend informing them why they should read the book
- Make a bookmark of your favorite chapter
The National Library Month of March is based on the passing of the National Library and Information Authority (NLIS) Act on 10th March 2009 to foster a love for literacy and the development of a stronger and a modernized library and information society in the Commonwealth of The Bahamas. In partnering with Mrs. Beverley Turnquest, a creative Bahamian Author this month and in an effort to promote reading amongst our patrons, please share the above information/flyer with users. The WhatsApp number for Mrs. Turnquest in included on the flyer.
We would also be in collaboration with other Bahamian and other International Authors as we celebrate National Library Month. The Annual celebration of our National Library Month in March is based on our local Bahamian history of modern library development. Next month the American Library Association celebrates School Library Month (April). Therefore, it is not uncommon to observe Bahamian Schools follow the American Tradition. It is important for us as Information Specialists to be cognizant of the origin of the various celebrations and to also inform our students of same.